Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Cat's Meowwwwww

Owwww, wow, okay- I learned my lesson.

I was so nervous to sing in front of hundreds of Bourbon Street strangers that I had a few of drinks that were just one too many!

Well, I sure did do it Poppa Gene style- I fell from grace and smoked like a chimney, sang way off key, and drank like a fish.

I debated on whether or not to write about this night of debauchery but it's the truth and I learned a lesson. I hadn't been that hungover since I don't know when- sophomore year at UCSC? I guess my ego still needed a little boosting to get courage even after all the practice in those private karaoke rooms in South Korea.

It's so easy to fall back in to old habits and swim in your brain but I realize that there is a time and a place and I won't be revisiting for another ten years if ever.
Making something wrong or yourself wrong just gets you in to more trouble so I'm crossing this one off the list with a little "human"-ity.

Gollllyyy! However, here's what it looked like... note, the beads swinging (no, I did not flash anybody, I just stumbled a bit on the way home).

1 comment: